Thursday, November 6, 2008

reactions to the election

As a first time voter, it was quite the election to be part of. When i received my absentee ballot in the mail it was very anticlimactic. I was so excited to vote but it was just me in my dorm room- no booths and sadly no "i voted today" sticker. The days leading to the election i learned about many peoples opinions on the candidates via facebook. It became very overwhelming hearing such negative opinions and i couldn't wait to just find out the outcome of the election. The night of the election I was actually a little nervous-what if McCain actually won?? I watched the CNN coverage of the election with some friends in my dorm. It was surprisingly exciting! First, Virginia got the Democratic vote so i felt as if my vote actually had counted for something. Secondly, there was no need to be nervous anymore because it seemed pretty clear who was going to win. When "Barak Obama elected new President" came on the screen of CNN i got the chills. At that moment i felt proud.

No comments: